To the Giant Colossus


What's life but a bauble?
In its many facets we dawdle,
The destination in my mind a giant colossus,
Till we reach there, appearing to ourselves inconspicuous
But each day, an improved version of the previous.
Our ethos and opportunities shaping us.
What exactly is this us, I ask?
Flesh and bones over which we wear a mask
Seeking to build an eternal empire
But just like that, we expire.
Who is me, or you, or anyone else I know?
A person? But that is someone who will one day go.
A myth, perhaps, I can hope so.
For people go, the myth stays
In the limelight, and very obvious
Creating the ethos, the previous
To take the next myth to the giant colossus,
But till he reaches there, he remains inconspicuous.

Comments

  1. You find the answer, and then you lose it...the poem goes down, up, down...🦘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's from Amishal. I do not know why I appear as unknown.

      Delete
    2. Hahaha, the poem is a kangaroo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts