The Sinking Feeling

It was fascinating from outside. One look, one whiff and I could not resist it. Tried going closer to it. The more I tried going closer, the farther I went from it. I was told not to. But I still did.

I was meant for it. It was meant for me. I kept rejecting it. It begged me to accept me. I did not listen.

A storm came one day, a big storm. Actually it persisted for weeks. It managed to uproot a big house near mine. However, mine stayed put. The lighting, the furniture, it was all there. I prided on myself for having weathered it.

On the other side of the storm, I found myself face to face with what had been eluding me. As I went closer and closer, it did not run. I stumbled, out of habit this time. But it stayed. I had found my nirvana. But before it accepted me, it told me I had to give up what I was meant for. Having not cared a damn, I just shrugged my shoulders with a smile. It was hot, very hot suddenly.

Having finally gotten what I had been pursuing, I stood there a moment in the sun - I just had to take it all in. As soon as I touched it, I found myself shrinking - or was it growing? Neither, I realized with a hollow feeling in my stomach. The last thing I sensed before sinking in completely was the realization that I finally understood what I had been pursuing - it was quicksand.

Comments

  1. Really nice and thought provoking post.

    It's like, we all are in a rat race...where each piece of cheese is chased by more than one rat, for every new cheese that is discovered every new moment, and it never ends...

    on similar lines:
    http://bit.ly/9IDTQ0

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts