Random Thoughts

I'm standing on the sidewalk, and as I watch this gorgeous girl go by, my heart flutters a bit, maybe skips a beat or two. I get up in the morning , with no recollections of dreams of the previous night, but for no reason I feel very happy; I feel like its going to be my day. The response I get my I ask myself as to why these things happen is that I am a human, and am bound to have emotions. So, why does this happen? Why do we get emotions in the first place? Why is it that the heart lifts when we are happy, and become heavy when we are sad or depressed? More specifically, what is the purpose of such things? I don't have the answers, but I do feel that it is just these that makes me different from you, or from anyone else. It is part of who I am, shaped by my genes, values, experiences. It is the way God has programmed me. So, that brings me to my next thought - if I am already programmed by God, and shaped by my surroundings, and led forward by destiny, what is my contribution to my own life? Then why is there so much anarchy prevailing everywhere? Why is no one at peace with himself? I think that yes, everything has been accounted for by God and a person's past experiences, but there is a larger role which he has assigned. The purpose of life. I mean, why else would we be here? Now, if I only knew what my purpose was, life would be so much easier and so less confusing!

Comments

  1. the art of self discovery shall cease to exist thence. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. God does not exist, little cousin. Might I recommend a healthy dose of Dawkins, Chris Hitchens, and Steve Pinker, on the lack of existence mostly, and Rand on the existence of meaning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts